Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Change is Coming

Well, like my title says, change is coming. In one week I'll be sitting in an all day training event in preparation for my new job. Yes, I am now employed outside my home. Starting August 12, I'll be working at Monett Intermediate School (5 & 6 grades) as a Paraprofessional. It's pretty ideal because I'll have all the same breaks and time off that Emery does now that I have a kid in school. She sure is excited, by the way. She's even more excited to get a lunch box.

Eladie is starting preschool at a private school in Pierce City 2 days a week and going to a friend's house the other 2 days. I know she'll do great, but the last time we talked about it she was almost brought to tears saying that she would miss me if I didn't go with her. It will be an adjustment. I am sad. But we'll all be okay.

Other than that, we're just working on our house. We moved in in April and we've done quite a bit which includes building a fence (we dug 42 post holes!), painting all rooms minus 2, peeling wallpaper, installing new ceiling lights and fans. Our newest project is installing flooring in the dining room and front living room. It looks so great. That 1974 carpet had to go. Our house is looking completely different. In an awesome way.

We've also started canning salsa with tomatoes from our garden. Over 6 jars worth! It is so good.

I'll leave you with this picture of a squirrel on the clubhouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment